Friday, October 2, 2009

Camera Critter: Ugly Spider

We spent the day cutting down the old Apple Tree in the back yard, it was an interesting experience to say the least. I had an opportunity to see all kinds of different critters and bugs, when we were finishing up I found this giant spider crawling around the debris. This spider was big, about the size of an oreo cookie and was pretty freaky looking. I have never seen a spider like this one and would love to know what type of spider it was if anyone knows.








To participate in camera critters click HERE

10 comments:

Samson said...

it sure is freaky looking :), nice capture, thanks for sharing

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

CM: You grow them big in that apple tree.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, that is big, the size of an oreo cookie? Thanks for sharing your critter.

Calico Crazy said...

Don't know what kind it is, not sure I want to, just keep it out of my house.

Calico Contemplations

i beati said...

i have to agree

Misty DawnS said...

The size of an Oreo cookie?!?! DANG - that's a BIG spider!

Oskar said...

That is very ugly!!! Good picture of it though.

We love Luna said...

ohmigod, my mommy Léia is always afraid of all kind of spiders!She really can not stare it! Anyway I think it's cool! :)
Happy Camera critters
purrs and love
Luna

Mara said...

I have to wonder about the size of the apples!

Regina said...

Great captures!

"Regina's CameraCritters"